Middle School- Meditation Word Map (at least 10 items)
– Effects of Meditative Music – Complete sentences must be used!
– Reflection on Classical Music
I will be collecting all notebooks on October 11, 2017. Each of these assignments should be completed and found within their notebook. This was all done during class time unless they were unable to finish in 2 class periods.
December 12, 2017 – St. Lucy’s Christmas Program starting at 6:30 PM
- The lower grades have started singing and dancing to all sorts of Halloween songs this week.
- 1st and 2nd graders are learning about rhythm and following a leader by using their hands and rhythm sticks. We will also be playing along to a few fun Halloween songs.
- The 3rd through 5th graders are focusing on how long or short a note is, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, or a whole note, while we prepare to play the recorders. Next week we will look at where the actual note is found on the music staff. I am hoping the recorders will arrive shortly so that we can start playing them within the next 2 weeks.
- In Middle School we started a unit focusing on 5 types of music that are used for meditation. Each day they will be describing and reflecting within their Music notebook after listening to each type of music. It is extremely important they have their notebook each day because that is how I will grade them! My hope is that each student will understand the role music can play in their spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being.