Monday: P.E. & Spanish
Tuesday: Music & Art
Wednesday: Music & P.E./Media
Friday: Spanish & P.E./Media
Lunch: 11:20 AM
IMPORTANT LINKS – 2017-18 School Year
Welcome back students and families! Let me start by saying, WOW!!! These first few days of school have gone by so fast!
There have been many positive changes in middle school this year. The students seem very eager and ready for the year. Mostly. 🙂 We all have a few cobwebs to clear out in one area or another.
Open House is scheduled for Tuesday, September 12 and I am looking forward to talking with you all. There will be more information for you coming regarding science units, assessments, etc.
Thank you for making this start to the school year a great one!
- Click HERE for grade specific Parent Curriculum Guides.
- GOOGLE CALENDAR: Please see Google Calendar above for announcements and assignments from the middle school teachers.
- GOOGLE CLASSROOM: All middle school grade teachers will be using the same Google Classroom and calendar to communicate homework and announcements. Students will need to “join” the virtual classroom. We will go over this together in class next week and most students already know how to join. Follow the steps below to join.
- Log in to your St. Lucy school email account.
- Click in the upper right-hand corner on the “apps” checkerboard icon.
- Click on “Classroom.”
- Click the + at the upper right top to “join classroom.”
- Enter the following code: gj7b6
- SCIENCE: In alignment with the Milwaukee Archdiocese Standards, St. Lucy’s School offers middle school science courses that include an integrated study of Life Science, Earth Science, and Physical Science. All three courses focus on making science a hands-on experience with labs and activities that engage students in practicing the steps of the scientific method. Nonfiction reading strategies are included to help students understand and organize information covered and to connect their science experience with other subjects, especially math, in improving their understanding of the scientific and faith based world around them. In addition, S.T.E.M. skills and the design process are integral components to our science program. Please continue to ask your child about the topics we are studying in science class. If students state they have NO science homework, I encourage them to read and take notes in their Science Notebook from the section we are studying. Students with strong study habits will perform better on assessments and activities.
Skill x Effort/Study Time = Success