Archdiocese of Milwaukee
Sports-man-ship – n. conduct (as fairness, respect for one’s opponent, and graciousness in winning or losing) becoming to one participating in a sport.
As a parent/guardian of an Archdiocese of Milwaukee student-athlete, I pledge to:
- Display Christian behavior at practices and games.
- Represent my parish and/or school to the very best of my ability
- Be a positive role model for players, coaches and spectators.
- Provide encouragement and support for players and coaches.
- Refrain from profanity, racial or ethnic comments, harassment or taunting of teammates, opponents, coaches, officials and fans.
- Promote good sportsmanship by my son/daughter.
- Take responsibility for my actions.
I understand that I may not be able to attend activities if I do not display good sportsmanship.